Basic Chaffle Recipe
Simple, short and tasty basic chaffle recipe using only 3 ingredients: cheese, eggs and either coconut or almond flour. Only 3 Net Carbs for two Chaffles! We recommend playing around with the cheese type and cooking time to get your preferred final product.
Servings: 1 Person
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup Cheese (Cheddar, Mozzarella, Pepper Jack) *Note 1
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour (or 2 Tbsp Almond Flour)
Pre-heat the Dash Mini Waffle Maker. (Note 2)
In a small bowl, whisk the egg until fully combined.
Whisk the cheese and flour into the egg until fully combined.
Once the waffle maker is fully heated, lightly spray with cooking spray. (Note 3)
Add 1/2 of the mixture to the center of the griddle and close the lid.
Let the chaffle cook for 5 minutes to ensure a crispy exterior. Cook for about 3-4 if you prefer a softer exterior. (Note 4)
Remove from the waffle maker and repeat steps 5-6 with the remaining batter.
Top with your favorite waffle toppings and enjoy immediately.
- Play around with the various cheeses to see what flavor you prefer. Cheddar, Mozzarella (brick form), Monterey Jack, and Pepper Jack are all great options. If you don't like "eggy" tastes, we recommend a stronger cheese like cheddar or pepper jack.
- Any mini waffle maker will work. Play around with your large waffle maker if that's what you have available.
- Cooking spray isn't required, however the batter will stick and leave a big mess if not cooked long enough.
- Experiment with the total cooking time to get your preferred texture. Remember, the Chaffle does harden up a bit once removed from the waffle maker.
Serving: 2Waffles | Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 223mg | Sodium: 428mg | Potassium: 116mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 804IU | Calcium: 432mg | Iron: 1mg