Simple, short and tasty basic chaffle recipe using only 3 ingredients: cheese, eggs and either coconut or almond flour. This Chaffle recipe make a perfect bread substitute. If you’re missing sandwiches on your low carb or Keto diet, use two chaffles to get your sando fix. Before you ask “what is a chaffle?”….It’s a waffle made out of cheese….a Chaffle!
The BEST waffle maker to use for a chaffle is the Dash Mini Waffle Maker. We snagged ours on Amazon and it arrived next day!
Basic Chaffle Recipe
- Dash Mini Waffle Maker
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup Cheese (Cheddar, Mozzarella, Pepper Jack) *Note 1
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour (or 2 Tbsp Almond Flour)
- Pre-heat the Dash Mini Waffle Maker. (Note 2)
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg until fully combined.
- Whisk the cheese and flour into the egg until fully combined.
- Once the waffle maker is fully heated, lightly spray with cooking spray. (Note 3)
- Add 1/2 of the mixture to the center of the griddle and close the lid.
- Let the chaffle cook for 5 minutes to ensure a crispy exterior. Cook for about 3-4 if you prefer a softer exterior. (Note 4)
- Remove from the waffle maker and repeat steps 5-6 with the remaining batter.
- Top with your favorite waffle toppings and enjoy immediately.
- Play around with the various cheeses to see what flavor you prefer. Cheddar, Mozzarella (brick form), Monterey Jack, and Pepper Jack are all great options. If you don't like "eggy" tastes, we recommend a stronger cheese like cheddar or pepper jack.
- Any mini waffle maker will work. Play around with your large waffle maker if that's what you have available.
- Cooking spray isn't required, however the batter will stick and leave a big mess if not cooked long enough.
- Experiment with the total cooking time to get your preferred texture. Remember, the Chaffle does harden up a bit once removed from the waffle maker.
Coconut Flour $0.12
did you make this recipe?
Tag @lighterkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #lighterkitchen.
don't miss a thing!
Enter your Email below & click Submit to begin receiving emails where we post new recipes, tips, gear and more!