Our popular Keto Chaffle Recipe loaded up with all your BLT favorites including crispy bacon, juicy tomatoes and crunchy lettuce. This chaffle recipe clocks in at only 4 net carbs and satisfies even your fiercest sandwich cravings.
To ensure this is low carb and Keto approved, make sure to use a carb-free and sugar-free Mayonnaise. Our favorite brand is Primal Kitchen. We tend to get it cheaper and quicker from Amazon compared to the Primal Kitchen website.
You’ll also need to pick up sugar-free bacon if you’re following a strict Keto diet. Our favorite is Kirkland from Costco. Make sure to pick up the pictured red label package vs the blue, which does have sugar.
The BEST waffle maker to use for a chaffle is the Dash Mini Waffle Maker. We snagged ours on Amazon and it arrived next day!
What is a Chaffle?
A chaffle is a low carb, keto friendly alternative to carb-laden bread. There are many variations, however our basic Chaffle recipe, made with mozzarella and egg, is our favorite.
Other Chaffle Recipes:
BLT Chaffle Recipe
- Dash Waffle Maker
- 1 Batch Chaffle Recipe
- 1 Slice Sugar-free Bacon (*Note 1)
- 1 Slice Large Tomato (*Note 2)
- 2 Slices Lettuce (*Note 3)
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise (*Note 4)
- Cook the chaffles, according to the instructions, and set aside. Cover to keep warm.
- Cook the bacon using your preferred cooking method (oven/microwave/stovetop). We prefer to keep it simple by popping them in the microwave, covered, for about 2-3 minutes (depending on how crispy you like it and the brand). Once cooked, transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Build your BLT Sandwich - start the sandwich with one chaffle and top in the following order: lettuce, tomato and bacon. Slather the final chaffle with mayo and place on top of the sandwich.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Remember the bacon must be sugar-free to stay Keto compliant.
- Tomato Slices Run About 1 Carb Each, Hence The Inclusion Of Just 1 Slice.
- Use Whatever Lettuce You Have On Hand. Think butter, romaine, iceberg or green leaf.
- Make sure to use a Keto-friendly brand of mayo to stay compliant, such as Primal Kitchen.
Amp up the flavor by adding basil, jalapeños or your favorite spice to the chaffle batter.
did you make this recipe?
Tag @lighterkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #lighterkitchen.
don't miss a thing!
Enter your Email below & click Submit to begin receiving emails where we post new recipes, tips, gear and more!