This Quick and Easy Shredded Chicken For Tacos recipe is bursting with flavor and perfect for a low-carb Keto lifestyle! You can also use this shredded chicken recipe for easy burrito bowls. Pop all the ingredients in your slow cooker and by dinnertime, you’ll have delicious slow cooker shredded chicken tacos just over 1 carb each!
If you’re in the market for a new Crock Pot, this Hamilton Beach model is highly-rated and inexpensive.
View More Keto Chicken Recipes.
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken For Tacos
- slow cooker
- 2.5 lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts or Thighs
- 1 cup Salsa (No Added Sugar)
- 1/4 cup Dry Ranch Seasoning (one full packet)
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Onion Powder
Taco Ingredients & Toppings
- romaine lettuce
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- sliced olives
- sliced avocado
- Add chicken to slow cooker.
- Sprinkle Ranch, garlic powder, & onion powder over chicken.
- Pour salsa over the top.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Chicken is done when it can easily be shredded with a fork.
- Shred chicken, with 2 forks, directly in the slow cooker. Then give it a good stir to get all the juices combined.
- Measure 1/4 cup of shredded chicken and place in whole romaine leaf.Top with your favorite taco toppings!
- Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Taco Salad
- Scrambled up with eggs for a morning Mexican fiesta
did you make this recipe?
Tag @lighterkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #lighterkitchen.
don't miss a thing!
Enter your Email below & click Submit to begin receiving emails where we post new recipes, tips, gear and more!