Our Easy and Cheesy Creamed Spinach recipe tastes just like steakhouse creamed spinach…with less fuss, ingredients and calories. This spinach recipe is a perfect Keto Side Dish idea for the holidays and pairs well with our Garlic & Herb Whole Roasted Chicken.
View More KETO RECIPES.
Oven Roasted Mushrooms in Garlic Butter
Easy Creamed Spinach
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 Cup Diced White Onions
- 12 oz Fresh Spinach (*Note 1)
- 5.5 oz Boursin Cheese -Garlic & Herb Flavor
- 1/2 tbsp OPTIONAL- Coconut Flour (*Note 2)
- Place the butter in a large skillet and pre-heat over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and stir occasionally (until soft and translucent). Approx. 3-4 minutes.
- Add the spinach and continue to stir until wilted. Approx. 3-4 minutes. (*Note 3)
- Add the Boursin Cheese and stir to fully combine and melt.
- Salt to taste and serve immediately.
- If using frozen spinach, make sure to fully wring out the water or else the end product will be runny and mushy.
- If you prefer a thicker cheese sauce, add 1/2 tbsp. coconut flour once the cheese has melted.
- If your skillet isn't large enough, you may have to work in batches.
did you make this recipe?
Tag @lighterkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #lighterkitchen.
don't miss a thing!
Enter your Email below & click Submit to begin receiving emails where we post new recipes, tips, gear and more!