Our quick and easy Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken recipe takes just 3 ingredients and 20 minutes to produce juicy, flavorful and healthy buffalo chicken. Each serving has ZERO net carbs and a whopping 28g of protein. Serve it with our Keto Ranch Dressing and Grub away, baby!
The only three ingredients you need to make Buffalo Chicken in the Instant Pot are: boneless chicken breasts, Frank’s Hot Sauce and butter. Add a little salt, to taste. Notice the recipe calls for Frank’s Hot Sauce, not Frank’s Wing Sauce. The wing sauce includes non-Keto friendly ingredients.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken In The Instant Pot?
Making buffalo chicken is a breeze. Just 5 steps from start to finish.
Step 1 – Add water and the metal trivet to the bottom of the instant pot.
Step 2 – Place the chicken in the instant pot and set the instant pot to high pressure for eight minutes.
Step 3 – Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
Step 4 – Thread the chicken using two forks to pull the meat apart.
Step 5 – Add the buffalo sauce and butter to the instant pot and toss with the chicken.
What Can I Make Using Buffalo Chicken?
TONS of good grub! Some of our favorite ways to use buffalo chicken: Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Tacos, Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders, Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Casserole and Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip. We will be posting recipes for all of our favorites soon.
How Long Does Chicken Take In The Instant Pot?
It takes just 10 minutes to cook chicken breasts in the Instant Pot! That doesn’t include the 10 minutes it takes to come to pressure, so you’re looking at a total of 20 minutes. That’s half the time of a traditional oven.
Can You Put Frozen Chicken In The Instant Pot?
Unlike the slow cooker, you can absolutely put frozen chicken in the Instant Pot. Depending on the size of the chicken you’ll need to pressure cook it on high for about 10-15 minutes and naturally release for 5 minutes. See the notes section for the exact cook times!
What To Serve With Buffalo Chicken
Sometimes we’re not up for creating an elaborate sandwich or nachos with the buffalo chicken. We just want to eat it straight out of the pot. Here are some items we serve it with:
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings
Looking to make Buffalo Chicken Wings instead of shredded chicken? Just replace the breasts with wings and cook them at high pressure for 12 minutes before quick releasing. To crisp up the skins, you’ll want to transfer them to your oven. Place an oven rack about 6” from the heat source and pre-heat the oven on the high broiler setting. Once the wings are done in the Instant Pot toss them in the butter and buffalo sauce and cook in the oven for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken (Just 3 Ingredients!)
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Lb Chicken Breasts (*Note 1)
- 1 Cup Frank's Hot Sauce (*Note 2)
- 2 Tbsp Butter, Melted
- Sea Salt, to Taste
- Add water and metal trivet to the bottom of the instant pot.
- Place the chicken in the instant pot and place the lid on the instant pot. Make sure the valve is in the closed/sealed position. Set the timer to high pressure for 10 minutes. (*Note 1)
- Once the 10 minutes of cooking time is finished, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes. Carefully release whatever pressure is left after 5 minutes.
- Drain the water from the pot then shred the chicken using two forks. Toss chicken with the buffalo sauce and melted butter (and salt, if using). Enjoy immediately!
- 6-8 oz. Chicken Breasts: Cook for 10 minutes.
- 9-10 oz. Chicken Breasts: Cook for 12 minutes
- 12 oz. Chicken Breast: Cook for 14 minutes
did you make this recipe?
Tag @lighterkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #lighterkitchen.
don't miss a thing!
Enter your Email below & click Submit to begin receiving emails where we post new recipes, tips, gear and more!