If you’re like us, you’ve been looking for the perfect keto pecan pie of your dreams, as pecan pie takes center stage on your Keto Holiday Desserts menu. Look no further as this low carb pecan pie recipe has all the taste of traditional pecan pie with none of the carbs or sugar!
Our Keto Pecan Pie with Caramel Sauce is only 2 net carbs, yet it’s caramelly, chewy, crunchy, and incredibly satisfying and the perfect option for those sticking with a low carb diet over the holidays. It’s easy to make this completely sugar-free Pecan Pie!
How to Make Keto Pecan Pie Crust
The base of this pie is the Best Low Carb Pie Crust made with almond flour and is perfect for those following a Keto low carb diet. This pie crust is easy to whip up and no rolling is required! Once the ingredients are mixed together, press into a pie tin, and bake for 10 to 12 minutes before filling with the pecan caramel mixture.
How to Make Sugar Free Keto Pecan Pie
Now that you’ve prepared your crust, it is time to make the sugar-free pecan pie filling. Just a few steps are required to go from basic ingredients to caramel goodness!
- First, you prepare the ooey, gooey caramel sauce by melting the butter in a large sauté pan with the Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener and cinnamon. Stir constantly until golden brown, approx. 20 minutes. You may feel as if you’re stirring forever, as if your arm will fall off, but keep going! It will be worth it, we promise! Next add the heavy cream, Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup, and sea salt. Remove from the heat and add vanilla extract.
- At this point, you’re going to need all of your strong will, not to spoon the sugar-free caramel directly into your mouth and scarf it down! Save the caramel for your Low Carb Pecan Pie but, maybe a baby taste won’t hurt!
- After the caramel sauce has cooled, whisk in the egg and add the almond flour and chopped pecans.
- Pour the caramel pecan filling into your keto almond pie crust. Top with pecan halves and make a pretty design! Bake for 40-50 minutes until the filling is set and the top is dark brown.
- Cool completely and serve with a low carb keto whipped cream!
What Ingredients are Used in this Keto Pecan Pie Recipe?
The low carb, keto pecan pie crust has only six ingredients: super fine almond flour, Sukrin gold sugar, butter, egg, vanilla extract, and salt. The egg acts as a binder and the vanilla extract adds a nice aroma and flavor to the crust.
Our keto pecan pie filling has ten ingredients including: butter, Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener, cinnamon, heavy cream, sea salt, Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup, vanilla, egg, almond flour and pecans.
Keto Pecan Pie Variations
Keto Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
This keto pecan pie recipe is easily adaptable to a recipe for keto pecan pie bars. Instead of using a 9-inch pie tin, use an 8×8 inch baking dish. The preparation for the pie crust remains the same; just line the dish with parchment paper for easy removal after baking and slather the paper and edges in butter. When pressing the keto pecan pie crust into the dish, just press into the bottom of the pan (and not up the sides). Fill with the keto pecan caramel sauce. Bake, slice into keto pecan pie bars, and enjoy!
Nut-Free Keto Pie Crust Recipe
If you don’t care for Almond Flour, or are looking to make this nut-free (yes, it’s possible!), you can make our Simple Keto Pie Crust with Coconut Flour instead. It’s a great alternative when looking to make a nut-free dessert.
Nut-Free Keto Pie Filling Recipe
A pecan-free pecan pie is possible! If you have a nut allergy, don’t worry – it’s all about the caramel sauce anyway. To get a nice crunch in every bite, substitute the pecans for HighKey protein cereal. This cereal is keto friendly, retains its crunch when baked and is a great alternative to pecans. Just make sure to calculate your nutritional values as they will be different.
How to Store Pecan Pie
Does Keto Pecan Pie Need to be Refrigerated?
If you plan on digging in, within 24 hours, you can leave your Keto Pecan Pie on the counter covered in foil.
This Low Carb Pecan Pie is perfect to make ahead for the Holidays as it keeps for 3-4 days! After the pie is done and you’ve enjoyed a glass of low carb wine and patted yourself on the back for not chowing down on all the caramel sauce, wrap the keto pecan pie in plastic wrap, foil, or in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
We prefer room temperature sugar free pecan pie therefore remove it from the fridge 5-6 hours before serving. You can also enjoy it chilled. It has a nice chew to it at a colder temperature.
Can you Freeze Keto Pecan Pie?
Yes! Once you’ve wrapped up your cooled keto pecan pie, you can store it in the freezer for up to 2 months.
When you are ready to dig in and serve it to guests, just thaw it in the refrigerator overnight.
If you’re like us and squirrel one slice away to consume later, you can wrap up individual keto pecan pie slices and thaw as needed for emergency.
We know you love Keto Dessert Recipes so here are some of our favorites!
Keto Pecan Pie with Caramel Sauce
- 1 recipe Almond Pie Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare The Best Low Carb Pie Crust with Almond Flour (*Note 2)
- When the crust is baking (or after, if making ahead) proceed with the filling. In a large sauté pan, heat the butter, golden monkfruit sweetener and cinnamon over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, until golden brown. Make sure to stir constantly to ensure it doesn't burn and scorch!
- Once golden brown, stir in the cream, Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup and sea salt. Bring to a light simmer and continue simmering for 15-20 minutes until dark golden and caramel-like.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in vanilla until fully combined.
- Let caramel sauce cool for 15-20 minutes.
- When the caramel sauce has cooled down to warm, whisk in the whisked egg. (*Note 3)
- Add 1/2 tsp of almond flour to caramel sauce. (*Note 1)
- Stir in 1 cup of chopped pecans to caramel sauce.
- Pour caramel sauce/pecan mixture into pie crust. Top with 1/2 cup of pecan halves. Make a pretty pattern if you want, with the pecan halves, or throw caution to the wind and toss 'em on!
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. Check the pie after 20 minutes and make sure the pie crust edge isn't getting too brown. If so, add foil to the edge or put on a pie crust shield.
- Once done, the top will be dark brown and the filling will be firm and set. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before serving. (*Note 4)
- Top with low carb keto whipped cream and enjoy!
did you make this recipe?
Tag @lighterkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #lighterkitchen.
don't miss a thing!
Enter your Email below & click Submit to begin receiving emails where we post new recipes, tips, gear and more!