Grab a slice of our decadent, but guilt-free, Keto Pumpkin Pie to rock your low carb diet through the holiday season. It has all the fall flavors of a traditional pumpkin pie recipe without all the sugar and carbs. A slice of this bad boy clocks in at just 3 net carbs per slice. Boom. Pass me another slice, am I right?
HOW MANY NET CARBS IN PUMPKIN?
“Is pumpkin keto friendly?” is a question we get often. Many squashes are pretty high in carbs, but pumpkin is on the low end of that scale. A cup of pumpkin puree has 8 carbs and is loaded with nutrients and minerals. It’s not the lowest carb fruit out there, so you can’t slam down an entire pumpkin pie and stay in ketosis, but that’s a given with most food (Lame, we know).
HOW TO MAKE A KETO PIE CRUST
There are two Keto pie crust recipes we recommend for this low carb pumpkin pie recipe: Low Carb Pie Crust with almond flour or our simple Keto Pie Crust with coconut flour. Either Keto pie crust is easy make: mix the ingredients, pressed into a pie tin, and bake. You can even prep the pie crust portion ahead of time so it’s already ready to go come turkey day.
We did notice the coconut pie crust didn’t “stick” to the filling as much as the almond crust did, but the flavor was 100%. It was just a bit crumblier.
HOW DO YOU MAKE PUMPKIN PIE FROM SCRATCH?
Two components make up this low carb dessert recipe: the crust and the filling. The keto pie crust recipe we utilized is only five ingredients: coconut flour, butter, Granulated Erythritol, sea salt and eggs. You probably already have all the ingredients on hand if you’re Keto-friendly.
The keto pumpkin pie filling has 7 ingredients including: pumpkin puree, heavy cream, Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, kosher salt and vanilla extract.
To make the pumpkin pie recipe you’ll begin by making the crust followed by the filling and bake. It’s really a dream dessert to make since minimal steps are involved. Who doesn’t want that on a busy holiday filled with family and friends?
IS PUMPKIN PIE MIX AND PUMPKIN PURÉE THE SAME THING?
Negative. Pumpkin pie mix is loaded with sugar and spices and is not low carb. Stay far away from it if you’re looking to make a real Keto Pumpkin Pie Recipe. Grab the can that labeled “Pumpkin Puree” not “Pumpkin Pie Mix.”
Easy Keto Pumpkin Pie
- Glass Pie Plate
CRUST (PICK ONE!):
- 1 Batch Simple Keto Pie Crust (As Shown In Photos) (*Note 1)
- 1 Batch Almond Flour Pie Crust (*Note 1)
- 1 Can Pumpkin Puree (15 oz) (*Note 2)
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Keto-friendly Brown Sugar, Packed (*Note 3)
- 3 Large Eggs, Beaten
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- OPTIONAL: Whipping Cream, For Topping
- Proceed with making the pie filling once the crust of your choosing is baking. If making the crust in advance, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Pour the mixture into the baked crust.
- Bake for approx. 45-50 minutes, until the middle is still slightly jiggly. Cover the crust with foil if you notice it browning too quickly.
- Turn off the oven, prop the oven door open, and let it cool for an hour. Cover and transfer to the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired, before serving.
did you make this recipe?
Tag @lighterkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #lighterkitchen.
don't miss a thing!
Enter your Email below & click Submit to begin receiving emails where we post new recipes, tips, gear and more!