Easy Low Carb Keto Green Bean Casserole loaded with bacon, mushrooms, cheese and flavor. This holiday side dish favorite has only 6 net carbs per serving making it a great addition to your Keto friendly holiday menu. This reimagined holiday favorite is a budget friendly Keto side dish recipe at only $0.93 per serving.
Pair this Keto Green Bean Casserole recipe with:
Oven Roasted Mushrooms in Garlic Butter
Creamed Spinach with Cheese
Keto Green Bean Casserole with Bacon and Mushrooms
- 4 Slices Bacon (Sugar Free) *Note 1
- 2 Cups Mushrooms (Sliced) *Note 2
- 1 Cup Yellow Onion (Diced)
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipped Cream
- 1/4 Cup Cream Cheese (Not Fat Free)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Ground Thyme
- 1 Lb Green Beans (Trimmed)
- Cook the bacon using your preferred cooking method (oven/microwave/stovetop) until very crispy. We prefer to keep it simple by popping them in the microwave, covered, for about 3-4 minutes. Once cooked, transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Reserve a tablespoon of bacon fat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the tablespoon of reserved bacon fat (* Note 3), mushrooms and onions and cook until golden brown (approx. 3-4 min.)
- Add the heavy whipped cream, cream cheese, salt, pepper and thyme and bring to a boil. Stir consistently, until the mixture begins to thicken (approx. 4 minutes). Reduce the heat to medium and cook down until the mixture is thick (approx. 7 minutes).
- While cooking the cheese sauce, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until slightly tender (5-7 minutes). Drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Add the green beans to the cheese sauce and stir until evenly coated.
- Transfer to a 8x8 inch pan and cook for 18-20 minutes.
- Place the cooked bacon in a food processor and pulse until small crumbs form. Sprinkle the bacon crumbles over the baked casserole and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy immediately for best texture.
- Make sure to use sugar free bacon.
- Use your preferred mushroom type- we prefer button, brown or white.
- If you didn't reserve any bacon fat, use 1 Tbsp of butter instead.
Cut green beans in half to make serving easier.
did you make this recipe?
Tag @lighterkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #lighterkitchen.
don't miss a thing!
Enter your Email below & click Submit to begin receiving emails where we post new recipes, tips, gear and more!