Quick and Easy Cast Iron Skillet Steak with Garlic Butter Asparagus. This one pan skillet steak recipe is ready in just 20 minutes! This low carb steak recipe clocks in at just 3 net carbs per serving. It’s easy to add your favorite low carb vegetables.
If you haven’t invested in a sturdy cast iron skillet yet, today is the day. They make clean up a breeze and creates an even cooking surface for steak.
OTHER KETO RECIPES FEATURING STEAK:
Cast Iron Skillet Steak with Garlic Butter Asparagus
- Cast Iron
- 1 Lb Flank Steak *Note 1
- 2.5 Tbsp Avocado Oil (Divided)
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic (Divided)
- 3 Tbsp Butter or Ghee *Note 2
- 4 oz Asparagus
- 1/8 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (Optional) *Note 3
- Salt (to Taste)
- Black Pepper (to Taste)
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel.
- Coat the steak with 1/2 Tablespoon of Avocado Oil and generously season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat for a few minutes, until the pan begins to emit smoke.
- Add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil to the hot pan.
- Place the steak in the pan and sear from about 3-4 minutes. Flip the steak and continue to cook until 10 degrees under desired doneness.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and cover loosely with foil.
- Reduce the temperature to medium high. Add the butter, 1 tablespoon avocado oil, salt and pepper (to taste) to the pan and stir to combine. Add the garlic (and red peppers if using) and stir for approx. 30 seconds until fragrant (do not brown the garlic).
- Add the asparagus and cook for 10 minutes, turning spears to ensure even cooking.
- Slice the steak and baste with the remaining garlic butter before serving alongside the asparagus.
- Feel free to replace the flank steak with your favorite cut. Ribeye and New York Strip would also work great with this recipe.
- Use Ghee in place of butter for a dairy free recipe.
- Optional ingredients aren't calculated into the final nutritional stats. If using, add 1 net carb.
did you make this recipe?
Tag @lighterkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #lighterkitchen.
don't miss a thing!
Enter your Email below & click Submit to begin receiving emails where we post new recipes, tips, gear and more!