This Western Bacon Cheeseburger chaffle recipe isn’t for the faint of heart. From the crispy waffles style chaffle and Airfryer onion rings to the spiced barbecue sauce, this chaffle recipe is dripping with flavor. With only 9 net carbs, this low carb recipe is Keto friendly and gluten free*.
You’ll need to pick up sugar-free bacon as well if you’re following a strict Keto diet. Our favorite is Kirkland from Costco. Make sure to pick up the red label package vs the blue, which does have sugar.
The BEST waffle maker to use for a chaffle is the Dash Mini Waffle Maker. We snagged ours on Amazon and it arrived next day!
What is a Chaffle?
A chaffle is a low carb, keto friendly alternative to carb-laden bread. There are many variations, however our basic Chaffle recipe, made with mozzarella and egg, is our favorite.
Other Chaffle Recipes:
Western Bacon Cheeseburger Chaffle
- Start the onion rings recipe and continue to step two once they're in the AirFryer.
- While the onion rings are baking, cook the two chaffles and set aside. Cover to keep warm.
- Cook the bacon using your preferred cooking method (oven/microwave/stovetop). We prefer to keep it simple by popping them in the microwave, covered, for about 2-3 minutes (depending on how crispy you like it and the brand). Once cooked, transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Cook the hamburger patty using your preferred cooking method (grill/stovetop/oven). We prefer the grill - high heat, approx. 5 minutes per side until 160 degrees (medium).
- Right before removing your hamburger from its heat source, top with a slice of cheese. Keep in place for about 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Build your Hamburger - place the hamburger patty on one chaffle and top with the bacon, onion rings and barbecue sauce. Place the second chaffle on top and enjoy immediately.
- You can use ground turkey or ground chicken if preferred, to lower calories, however your fat % will also drastically decrease, so calculate accordingly.
- The nutritional information has been calculated with our preferred Sugar Free Barbecue Sauce, G Hughes Smokehouse BBQ Sauce. If you use another brand, calculate accordingly.
- If gluten-free, use a gluten-free parmesan cheese brand for the onion rings.
did you make this recipe?
Tag @lighterkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #lighterkitchen.
don't miss a thing!
Enter your Email below & click Submit to begin receiving emails where we post new recipes, tips, gear and more!