Break out the butter and trusty cast iron skillet and get ready to be blown away because this is, hands down, the Best Keto Cornbread recipe. Our low carb cornbread recipe tastes like the real thing and clocks in at just 2 net carbs per slice. Bonus? No keto corn extract is needed.
Cornbread is a MUST around here come fall, but traditional cornbread is loaded with carbs and sugar, both no-go’s on low carb, keto diets. Luckily, thanks to the magic of Nutritional Yeast, we can still load up on the good stuff when the weather starts to turn and we’re digging into a bowl of our favorite keto soup recipes.
Are you reminiscent about your sweet Southern-Style Cornbread? This low carb keto cornbread recipe is made with a touch of golden monk fruit. We promise your tongue won’t know the difference when it tastes this Keto Southern-Style Cornbread, yum! Mash a slice right on top of your Low Carb Chili for the perfect meal!
Is Corn Allowed on A Keto diet?
Corn is abundant in carbs and should be avoided when following a keto lifestyle. One cup of corn clocks in at a whopping 29g carbs. Yikes!
Is Cornmeal High in Carbs?
1,000%, yes. Cornmeal is made out of corn therefore is high is starches and carbs. As with corn itself, cornmeal should be avoided, or at least strictly limited, while on a keto or low carb diet. 1 cup has an astounding 125g carbs.
Does Keto Cornbread use Cornmeal?
Nope! Our recipe for the Best Keto Cornbread uses almond flour and coconut flour to create the trademark cornbread texture and crumble. By using Nutritional Yeast Seasoning, our special ingredient, the “corn” taste is plentiful without all the carbs. If you’ve been searching for a Keto Cornbread with Coconut Flour recipe or Almond Flour Cornbread recipe, this is the one to make.
How Many Net Carbs Are In Cornbread?
Traditional cornbread is high in carbs and not allowed on a Keto Diet, however our Keto Cornbread recipe, featuring almond flour, coconut flour and nutritional yeast has only 1 net carb per serving!
Is Jiffy Cornbread Keto Friendly?
Short answer: Nope! Although, you won’t be missing out on any flavor or texture with this incredible Keto Cornbread recipe. You’ll be left saying “Jiffy? What’s Jiffy?”
We know you love enjoying a slice or two of Keto Cornbread with a bowl of delicious soup! Here are our favorite Low Carb Soup Recipes:
- Easy Broccoli with Cheese Soup is just 5 net carbs! If you like Broccoli Cheese Soup from Panera, you’ll love our keto-friendly version.
- Our Low Carb Cabbage Soup is filled with amazing flavor & perfect for those on a keto, low carb, or vegetarian diet!
Looking for other Low Carb Side Dishes? Make sure to check out our incredible list of amazing and delicious recipes. Find the perfect side dish to all your Low Carb & Keto Meals.
The BEST Keto Cornbread
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Using butter, generously grease a cast iron skillet or 8 x 8 pan. (*Note 1)
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, nutritional yeast, sweetener, salt, baking soda and to a large mixing bowl, and stir until combined.
- Whisk in the eggs and heavy cream until fully combined.
- Add the melted butter and mix together until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the greased cast iron skillet and spread evenly. Put into preheated oven and cook 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Allow cornbread to cool for approx. 10 minutes, before serving.
did you make this recipe?
Tag @lighterkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #lighterkitchen.
don't miss a thing!
Enter your Email below & click Submit to begin receiving emails where we post new recipes, tips, gear and more!