Crispy Keto Fried Pickles make for a quick, low carb appetizer or snack, no deep fryer needed. This fried pickles recipe clocks in at just 5 net carbs per serving, is loaded with 8g of protein and is ready in just 20 minutes.
Homemade fried pickles are a Southern staple. Crisp dill pickle slices are breaded and deep fried until the exterior crust is crispy and the interior packs a flavor punch. Deep frying pickles isn’t always convenient or quick, so we prefer oven baked pickles instead. You’ll be hooked, too! Who wouldn’t love Keto Fried Pickles With Cheese?!
How to Make Fried Pickles
Stop Googling “Fried pickles near me” and start making your own!!
Step 1 – Preheat your oven to broil (high) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2 – Mix the eggs, heavy whipping cream and water until fully combined.
Step 3 – Grab a second mixing bowl and mix together all the dry ingredients (parmesan cheese, almond flour and all spices).
Step 4 – Pat dry the pickles and dredge them in the almond flour mixture, followed by the egg wash mixture, and one last dip in the almond flour mixture. Transfer the breaded pickles to the baking sheet.
Step 5 – Broil for 4 minutes, flip, and broil for an additional 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
Keto Fried Pickles – Tips:
Keto Fried Pickles Without Almond Flour – replace the almond flour with finely ground pork rinds.
Keto Fried Pickles Dash – we’ve heard you can use the dash waffle, however we haven’t tested it yet. Stay tuned!
Keto Fried Pickle Chaffle – Keep your eyes out for our upcoming Keto Fried Pickle Chaffle recipe! In the meantime, check out all the Chaffle recipes we have posted!
Air Fryer Fried Pickles – To make these in the air fryer just spritz the breaded pickles with cooking spray and bake for 12 minutes at 400 degrees, flipping halfway through.
How Many Carbs Are In A Fried Pickle?
Our Keto Fried Pickles Recipe has just 5 net carbs per serving, making it a perfect keto snack recipe for those watching their carbs.
Are Pickles Okay On Keto?
Pickles are keto friendly as long as you opt for a brand that doesn’t contain aded sugar. Think dill pickles, not sweet or bread and butter pickles. Bubbies is a popular brand.
How Do I Make Fried Pickles Crispy?
The best way to make fried pickles crispy is to enjoy them immediately after baking. The longer they sit, the softer they become. If needed, you can re-heat them in the oven to crisp them back up.
How Do You Reheat Fried Pickled In The Oven?
Broiling on high for about 1-2 minutes per side should do it. Do not re-heat in the microwave. You won’t be pleased with the mushy results.
We’d love to hear from you if you made these Keto Fried Pickles! Please leave a recipe rating, snap a pic and use the hashtag #lighterkitchen, after you’ve made the recipe, and post to social media!
Oven Baked Keto Fried Pickles
- Preheat your oven to broil high.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil, parchment paper or spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl beat eggs, heavy whipping cream and water until combined.
- Grab a second mixing bowl for all the dry ingredients. Add parmesan cheese, almond flour and all seasonings. Stir until combined.
- You will need to pat dry the pickles chips so they can be breaded properly. Layer a stack of paper towels 2-3 layers deep and lay the pickles on it in a single layer. Then grab a new paper towel and use it to gently pat each pickle until they are dry.
- Dredge each dry pickle chip into the almond flour mixture, then dip into the egg wash, then back again into the almond flour mixture. Make sure an excess egg wash drips off before dipping it back into the almond flour mixture for a second time.
- Place dredged pickels in a single layer onto the cookie sheet.
- Broil for 4 minutes then flip over and broil for an additional 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
did you make this recipe?
Tag @lighterkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #lighterkitchen.
don't miss a thing!
Enter your Email below & click Submit to begin receiving emails where we post new recipes, tips, gear and more!