These Air Fryer Onion Rings are the perfect mix of crunchy and light. Our Onion Ring Recipe Batter uses pork rinds to keep them low in carbs but high on flavor. Only 3 net carbs per serving (1 per ring). These make a great appetizer or side dish and are fantastic in our Western Bacon Cheeseburger Chaffle.
In the market for an Air Fryer? Amazon has quite a few popular models making it easy to compare and contrast. We use the June Oven for all of our Air Fryer Recipes, including these Air Fryer Onion Rings.
View more Keto Air Fryer Recipes.
Crunchy Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Air fryer
- 1 Large Onion *Note 1
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Crushed Pork Rinds
- 3 Tbsp Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
- Spray your Air Fryer baking racks with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a shallow medium size bowl, whisk together the two eggs and a tablespoon of water. Set aside.
- In a shallow medium size bowl, combine the pork rinds, almond flour, parmesan cheese, paprika, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Using a fork, gently dip each onion round in the egg wash followed by the pork rind mixture. Coat each side, pressing firmly so the pork rind mixture sticks. Transfer to the baking sheet and repeat until all onion rings are coated. The rings should not touch.
- Spray the onion rings with cooking spray.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the baking rack(s) in the air fryer. If utilizing an Air Fryer Oven bake for 7 minutes and then swap racks. Bake for an additional 7 minutes, until golden brown. If utilizing a regular air fryer bake for 15 minutes. Repeat as needed if cooking in batches. (*Note 2)
- White or yellow onions work best.
- Many standard air fryers don't hold a ton of food. You'll need to cook in batches if the rings don't all fit without overlapping.
- Dip these babies in a sugar free BBQ sauce or Keto Ranch Dressing.
Onion rings should not touch. Work in batches if need be.
did you make this recipe?
Tag @lighterkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #lighterkitchen.
don't miss a thing!
Enter your Email below & click Submit to begin receiving emails where we post new recipes, tips, gear and more!