This Keto White Chicken Chili recipe is the perfect comfort food. Our Keto Chili recipe is loaded with flavor but not carbs! Beanless white chicken chili is one the entire family will enjoy. Plus this Easy White Chicken Chili recipe is ready in under 40 minutes!
We’re HUGE Keto Soup Recipe fans around here. They tend to be quick, easy and don’t require specialty ingredients that other keto recipes require. Our favorite low carb soup recipes: Keto Cheeseburger Soup, Keto Taco Soup, Easy Broccoli and Cheese Soup, Vegan Cabbage Soup, Zuppa Toscana Soup and Instant Pot Chili Verde.
What is Keto White Chicken Chili Made Of?
- Protein – Chicken Breasts or Thighs (or Whole Roasted Chicken)
- Chicken Stock
- Vegetables – Onion, Bell Pepper, Garlic and Jalapeno (optional)
- Canned Green Chilis
- Dairy – Butter, Heavy Whipping Cream and Cream Cheese
- Spices- Cumin, Oregano, Paprika and Cayenne (optional)
Beanless White Chicken Chili
White chicken chili is traditionally made with white beans, but to make sure this is low carb and keto friendly, we’ve removed the beans. The heartiness of the chicken means no additional protein needs to be added to make up for the lack of beans.
How to Make Keto White Chicken Chili
Not too many steps involved with this Keto Mexican Chicken Chili.
- Step 1 – Melt the butter in a dutch oven and sear the chicken. Set aside.
- Step 2 – Melt the butter and sauté the vegetables.
- Step 3 – Add the spices and garlic and sauté.
- Step 4 – Add the browned chicken and broth to the pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Step 5 – Shred the chicken.
- Step 6 – Add the creamy cheese and heavy whipping cream and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
Keto Ground Chicken Chili
To make this keto chili recipe with ground chicken, just swap out the chicken breasts and replace it with ground chicken. No other edits or substitutes are needed.
White Turkey Chili
To make this keto soup recipe with turkey, just swap out the chicken breasts and replace it with ground turkey. No other edits or substitutions are needed.
Crockpot White Chicken Chili
To make white chicken chili in the Crockpot, just add all the ingredients, except the heavy cream and cream cheese, and cook for 4 hours on low or 2 hours on high. Shred the chicken and add the heavy cream and cream cheese. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!
What To Serve With Keto White Chicken Chili
Good old fashion Keto Cornbread is our favorite side dish. If you’re looking to increase your vegetables, a basic green side salad is the way to go.
Is White Chicken Chili Supposed to Be Thick?
Keto White Chicken Chili is a mix between a soup and chili. You can actually adjust the thickness to your preference. To thin is out, add extra broth. To thicken it up, mix 1 tbsp of arrowroot with water before adding it to the soup. Just add it in at the end and let sit for approx. 5 minutes to thicken.
How To Store Creamy White Chicken Chili
This creamy white chicken chili can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Can I Freeze Keto White Chicken Chili?
Absolutely – just transfer the cooled soup to freezer-safe containers, or Ziploc bags, and freeze. To re-heat, thaw in the refrigerator
How To Re-heat Low Carb Chicken Chili Verde
The best route is to add it to a saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring as needed. If your chili is too thick, as keto soup recipes tend to do when stored, just add a bit more broth.
Keto White Chicken Chili
- 4 Tbsp Butter, divided
- 1.5 lb Skinless and Boneless Chicken Breast or Thighs (*Note 1)
- 1/2 cup Onion, Diced
- 1 Bell Pepper, Diced (*Note 2)
- 1 Jalapeno, Seeded and Diced (*Note 3)
- 1 Can Diced Green Chilis (14.5 oz)
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, Diced
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne (Note 4*)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- In a large pot or dutch oven, melt 2 Tbsp butter over medium high. Add chicken and sear both sides until golden. Set aside.
- Add the remaining butter, along with the onion, bell pepper, diced jalapeños and green chilis. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. (*Note 5)
- Add the garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, paprika, cayenne and black pepper and sauté for 1 minute. (*Note 6)
- Add the seared chicken and chicken broth to pot. Bring to boil, then turn down heat to low, cover pot and simmer for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked and ready to be shredded.
- Remove chicken from chili, shred it and return it to pot.
- Add cream cheese and heavy whipping cream and simmer for 8-10 minutes until cream cheese has melted and is fully incorporated into the chili.
did you make this recipe?
Tag @lighterkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #lighterkitchen.
don't miss a thing!
Enter your Email below & click Submit to begin receiving emails where we post new recipes, tips, gear and more!