Our Quick and Easy Keto Cheeseburger Soup Recipe is loaded with bacon, ground beef, cheddar cheese and cream cheese. You won’t miss the unhealthy burger on a bun when this keto soup is on the menu. Only 5 net carbs per bowl and a whopping 47g of protein! It’s also gluten-free and sugar-free!
It’s finally January which means soup season is upon us. It also means many of you are starting a Keto Diet or Low Carb Diet and are looking for filling, nutritious Keto Soup Recipes. This Keto Cheeseburger Soup Recipe fits the bill – it’s ready in less than 30 minutes and it’s one the entire family will love.
If you’re looking for Cheeseburger Soup with Velveeta vs. Keto hamburger soup with cream cheese this ain’t it. Have no fear…the rich cheddar cheese, thick cream cheese and heavy cream thicken the keto soup so you’d never know we didn’t throw in some cubes of the fake stuff.
How To Make Keto Cheeseburger Soup
Just 30 minutes stands between you and this Keto Cheeseburger Soup.
Step 1 – Cook the bacon until crispy.
Step 2 – Cook the ground beef.
Step 3 – Stir in the cream cheese, tomato paste, mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, oregano and pepper.
Step 4 – Stir in the broth, heavy cream and Worcestershire and bring to a simmer.
Step 5 – Stir in the cheddar cheese and cook for 5 more minutes until the cheese is melted.
Step 6 – Stir in the bacon right before serving and enjoy!
How To Store Cheeseburger Soup
Keto Cheeseburger soup can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Keep in mind the soup will continue to thicken as it sits. You’ll need to add some extra stock to thin it out if you aren’t eating it immediately.
Can You Freeze Cheeseburger Soup?
Negative. Dairy based products just don’t freeze well. I mean you can try, but don’t plan on the same silky velvety finish as when you first made it.
How To Re-heat Cheeseburger Soup
The best way to re-heat this Bacon Cheeseburger Soup recipe is the stove top. Just dump it in a large saucepan over medium heat until warm. Again- it will be pretty thick so you’ll need to add some extra broth to get it back to a soup consistency.
Cheeseburger Soup Recipe Tip
- This soup thickens quickly once you remove it from the heat. If you like a thicker soup, just let it sit for about 10 minutes before eating. Prefer a thinner consistency, add in an extra cup of broth.
Use ground turkey or ground pork for the ground beef.
Use chicken or vegetable broth in place of the beef broth
Use Pepper Pack, Colby or Monterey Jack in place of the cheddar.
Want a little spice? Add a dash of red pepper flakes.
Keto Cheeseburger Soup with Bacon and Cream Cheese
- 2 Slices Bacon, Cut Into Chunks
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Cups Low Sodium Beef Broth (*Note 1)
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 3 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese (*Note 2)
Stove Top Cheeseburger Soup:
- Heat a large soup pan or dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Once heated, add the bacon chunks and cook until browned and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Stir occasionally to ensure an even crisp.
- Remove the bacon to a large paper towel lined plate to drain. Remove all the bacon grease from the pan, leaving only 1/2 tablespoon or so. (*Note 3)
- Add the ground beef and break up into little bits. Heat until cooked through out, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream cheese, tomato paste, mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, oregano and pepper until smooth.
- Pour in the beef broth, heavy cream and Worcestershire and reduce the heat to medium once it starts to simmer.
- Stir in the cheese and simmer for an additional 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted and smooth.
- Add the bacon and stir to combine.
- Enjoy immediately for a thinner soup or let sit 7-10 minutes to thicken before serving.
Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup:
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet and drain before adding to the Crockpot.
- Add the cream cheese, tomato paste, mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, black pepper, beef broth and Worcestershire to the Crockpot and stir to combine. Cook for 4 hours on high or 6-7 on low.
- About 20 minutes before serving, add the heavy cream and cheese to the Crockpot and stir to combine. Put the lid back on and cook for another 20 minutes so the cheese can melt.
- About 10 minutes before the soup is finished, cook the bacon chunks utilizing the same pan that you cooked the ground beef in. Once the bacon is crisp, transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Add the crisp bacon to the soup and stir to combine. (*Note 4)
- When ready to serve, divvy up into individual bowls and top with your preferred toppings. Let sit for 8-10 minutes if you prefer a thicken consistency.
Make sure to use Sugar-free bacon. Our favorite is the Kirkland brand at Costco.
did you make this recipe?
Tag @lighterkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #lighterkitchen.
don't miss a thing!
Enter your Email below & click Submit to begin receiving emails where we post new recipes, tips, gear and more!