Raise your hand if you’re a Ranch Dressing snob like we are!! I’m sure we’ve ALL had some nasty low carb ranch dressing at some point in our low carb journey. It’s why we prefer to make our homemade keto dressings and keto seasoning (check out our favorites Whole30 BBQ Sauce and Keto Taco Seasoning). We’re always left disappointed in cream-based store-bought salad dressings. Plus we end up with more money in our pockets and less carbs when we go the homemade route!
What Brand of Ranch Dressing is Keto Friendly?
There are a few Keto Salad Dressing brands on the market we enjoy (Primal Kitchen and Chosen Foods being the top two), however we haven’t found a good pre-made Ranch dressing that we love. Store-bought Keto Ranch Dressing just doesn’t come close to the “real stuff.” So we always, ALWAYS, spend 5 minutes and mix our own.
How to Make Keto Ranch Dressing
There’s basically two steps to making creamy Keto Ranch Dressing. Add the ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine. That’s it. We highly recommend putting it in the refrigerator for at least an hour for the flavors to develop, but it’s good right away as well…we know you probably can’t wait to dig in!
Is Ranch Dressing Keto?
Yes and no. The two most common questions around here are: “Is Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Keto Friendly?” and “Is Kraft Ranch Dressing Keto?” No and no. Store bought salad dressing are loaded with preservatives, sugar, soy and/or corn. Some brands even tout “Keto” on the bottle, but when you read the ingredients label, it’s not Keto. Always. Always. Always. Read food labels. With that said, our homemade ranch dressing mix is very Keto friendly!!
Is Ranch Dressing High in Carbs?
This homemade ranch dressing recipe has ZERO net carbs!! So to answer your question, nope! Our Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix keeps carbs to a minimum.
- For a thinner consistency, increase the heavy whipping cream.
- Keto Ranch Dressing No Mayo – swap in more sour cream, greek yogurt or coconut milk in place of the mayo if you’re on the “I hate mayo” bandwagon. We get it. We really do.
- If you’re on a dirty keto diet, feel free to use buttermilk instead of the heavy cream. You’ll decrease the fat and calories.
- This low carb ranch dressing recipe will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Homemade Ranch Seasoning
Last but not least, Ranch Dressing is HIGHLY PERSONAL. Play around with the proportions after you’ve taken a taste. Amp up the garlic if you like garlic, add a bit more heavy whipping cream if you prefer a thinner dressing. You get the idea!
We’d love to hear from you! What’s your favorite way to use ranch?? Please leave a recipe rating, snap a pic and use the hashtag #lighterkitchen, after you’ve made the recipe, and post to social media!
Creamy Keto Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup Full-fat Sour Cream (*Note 1)
- 1/2 cup Full-fat Mayonnaise (*Note 2)
- 1/4-1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream (*Note 3)
- 1 tbsp Chives (*Note 4)
- 1 tsp Dried Dill (*Note 5)
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- Salt, to Taste
- Black Pepper, to Taste
- Add all the ingredients to a medium size mixing bowl and stir to combine. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour for the best flavor.
did you make this recipe?
Tag @lighterkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #lighterkitchen.
don't miss a thing!
Enter your Email below & click Submit to begin receiving emails where we post new recipes, tips, gear and more!