Craving pizza but not the carbs? Our Low Carb Airfryer Eggplant Pizza recipe is just what you need. Our Airfryer eggplant pizza is crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, just as a pizza should be. This is the Easy Spaghetti Sauce recipe we prefer to use.
View more Keto Eggplant Recipes.
Low Carb Air Fryer Eggplant Pizza
- Air fryer
- 1 Lb Eggplant (Cut into 1/2" thick rounds)
- 1 Cup Crushed Pork Rinds *Note 3
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese *Note 4
- 1 Clove Garlic (Crushed)
- 1.5 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Large Eggs
- Cooking Spray
- 1/2 Cup Marinara Sauce (No Sugar Added) *Note 5
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Pre-heat the Air Fryer to 425 degrees F.
- Spray an Air Fryer baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a shallow medium size bowl, add the crushed pork rinds, grated parmesan cheese, garlic, Italian seasoning, granulated garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper and combine.
- In a shallow medium size bowl, whisk the two eggs and a tablespoon of water until combined.
- Using a fork, gently dip each eggplant round in the egg wash and then place it into the pork rind mixture and coat each side and edge, pressing firmly so the pork rind mixture sticks. Transfer to the baking sheet and repeat until all eggplant rounds are coated. Eggplant should not be touching.
- Spray the top of each eggplant round with cooking spray.
- Bake the eggplant until tender, about 10-12 minutes per side (flip halfway through cooking and spray the second side with cooking spray).
- Take out, put leave eggplant on cookie sheet, and evenly distribute the marinara sauce to the top of each round.
- Evenly distribute the mozzarella cheese to the top of each round.
- Place back in the Air Fryer for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a plate, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
- Feel free to remove the eggplant skin as some folks think it gets bitter when cooked. However, we did not find that issue with this recipe.
- You should get about 9 slices per eggplant.
- Use Panko breading or breadcrumbs in place of the pork rinds if you're not eating low carb meals. Replacing with these substitutes will make this meal vegetarian.
- This recipe is not the place to use the cheap parmesan cheese that comes in the green can. Actually, it's never a good time to use that stuff. Head over to the deli counter and grab a wedge and grate from scratch.
- If you prefer not to make homemade marinara sauce we recommend Rao's sauce. This brand has no added sugar and is low on carbs.
did you make this recipe?
Tag @lighterkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #lighterkitchen.
don't miss a thing!
Enter your Email below & click Submit to begin receiving emails where we post new recipes, tips, gear and more!