This easy Avocado and Tomato Salad recipe takes top billing alongside our Easy Tuna with Avocado Salad Recipe. Both are loaded with fresh ingredients, both are low carb and both require little effort and time from start to finish.
This simple Avocado and Tomato Salad can be served as a main meal or as a side dish. This low carb salad is perfect when you’re looking for a light and refreshing recipe on a hot summer night. There’s nothing like the pairing of a creamy ripe avocado and lush, juicy tomato.
How to Make An Avocado and Tomato Salad
There’s really nothing to making this salad other than a bit of dicing and tossing. BUT- there are some pointers to consider to customize this salad to your liking:
- Don’t care for cilantro? Leave it out. Sub in fresh parsley or dill instead. Both make great substitutions.
- Want some extra crunch? Throw in some cubed cucumbers. No other adjustments would be needed.
- Use the freshest tomatoes at your disposal. Throw in grape or cherry tomatoes instead of Roma or Heirloom if that’s what you got!
How Do You Keep An Avocado From Turning Brown?
Wait to cut and dice the avocado until you’re ready to serve it. If you’re making this salad in advance, hold back on adding the avocado. Once added, the lime juice will help it maintain a nice green color for up to 12 hours. After 12 hours the avocado will more than likely start turning color regardless. It’s what avocados do.
This simple Avocado and Tomato Salad would pair well with a few of our other popular Low Carb recipes, including:
- Garlic and Herb Whole Roasted Chicken
- Pesto Keto Meatballs
- Club Sandwich Chaffle
- Slow Cooker Keto Shredded Chicken For Tacos
Kitchen Tools Used To Prepare This Recipe:
Easy Avocado and Tomato Salad
- 2 Large Tomatoes (Diced) (*Note 1)
- 2 Large Avocados (Diced)
- 1/2 Small Red Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 2 tbsp Chopped Cilantro, Parsley or Dill
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Lime (Juiced)
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper (To Taste)
- Salt (To Taste)
- Add the tomatoes, avocados, onion and cilantro to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the olive oil, lime juice, black pepper and salt and gently toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Serve immediately or store covered in the refrigerator.
- We recommend Roma or Heirloom tomatoes, but cherry or grape tomatoes will also work.
did you make this recipe?
Tag @lighterkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #lighterkitchen.
don't miss a thing!
Enter your Email below & click Submit to begin receiving emails where we post new recipes, tips, gear and more!