Bust out your Air Fryer to create the most tender air fryer steak recipe. This low carb air fryer steak recipe is quick, easy and only 4 net carbs per serving. Toss in some garlic mushrooms for a complete low carb and low calorie meal.
OTHER KETO RECIPES FEATURING STEAK:
Tender Air Fryer Steak with Garlic Mushrooms
- Air fryer
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 16 oz Ribeye Steaks *Note 1
- 2 Cup Halved Fresh Mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (Optional) *Note 2
- Chopped Parsley (Optional Garnish) *Note 2
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 400°F for 4 minutes.
- Pat the steaks dry and cut them into 1/2" cubes. Transfer the steak cubes to a large bowl.
- Slice fresh mushrooms in half and add them to the large bowl with the cubed steak.
- Add the melted butter, garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to the large bowl and toss to evenly coat the steak bites and mushrooms.
- Transfer the mixture to an air fryer basket in an even, non-overlapping layer. (You may have to cook in batches depending on your AirFryer model.)
- Air fry for 7-15 minutes (*Note 3), flipping the steak and mushrooms TWICE during this time. Check the steak after 7 minutes to see if it's to your liking (the picture above is after 7 minutes). If it's too pink, continue to cook as needed.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately for the best flavor and texture.
- You can use any steak you prefer - ribeye, sirloin and chuck are a few of our favorites. This recipe's nutritional facts are calculated for ribeye, so if you use a different type steak, make sure to adjust accordingly.
- Optional ingredients are not calculated into the nutritional facts.
- The larger than normal cook time span is due to the various models available on the market as well as the various preferred doneness of the steaks.
Ensure no steak bites or mushrooms are overlapping.
Check the steak after 7 minutes to see if it's cooked to your preferred temp.
did you make this recipe?
Tag @lighterkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #lighterkitchen.
don't miss a thing!
Enter your Email below & click Submit to begin receiving emails where we post new recipes, tips, gear and more!